CapeView Capital LLP processes personal information.
(i) clients and investors, (ii) the principals, beneficial owners and beneficiaries of institutional clients and investors, and (iii) representatives of clients,
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding personal information and how we will treat it.
Personal Information Collected
We receive personal information from Data Subjects which includes:
- Category 1 – Contact information, such as name, title, address, personal telephone number, and personal email address.
- Category 2 – Verification information, such as passport, driving licence, utility bill, credit or bank card statement, wire transfer information, country of residence, country of origin/nationality, country of domicile/tax residency, tax reference number, date of birth, and occupation.
- Category 3 – Finance-related information, such as the amount invested and details of the investment made, and name of the organisation the Data Subject works for and/or are a controlling person for.
- Category 4 – Work contact information, such as name, title, name of the business the Data Subject works for, business address, business telephone number, and business email address.
- Category 5 – Data gathered by our website(s) visited by Data Subjects that pertains to Data Subjects’ usage of such website(s).
Some of this information may be necessary in order for us to provide our services to you.
Purposes for Processing Personal Information
We use the personal information for the following purposes:
- Categories 1 and 5 – To carry out our obligations arising from any agreement entered into with us by or on behalf of Data Subjects, including to contact such individuals (for example, with information or messages regarding the investment), and for administrative purposes.
- Categories 1 and 2 – To complete anti-money laundering checks and other checks as are required by law, which, if not conducted, means that we will be unable to carry out our obligations arising under any agreement.
- Category 3 – To provide and tailor our advice and services to Data Subjects; to accept Data Subjects as an investor of the Fund and to process transactions in the Fund.
- Category 4 – To communicate with our institutional clients, investors and other businesses through their natural person representatives.
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Information
The lawful basis/bases that we rely upon to process personal information held about Data Subjects is as follows:
- Categories 1 and 4 – We use this personal information to carry out our obligations arising from the Subscription Agreement or any other agreement entered into by or on behalf of Data Subjects, to take steps at Data Subjects’ request prior to entering into an agreement, and to send informational messages to clients and investors to the extent allowed by applicable law and which are in our legitimate interests.
- Category 2 - We use this personal information to comply with our legal obligations.
- Category 3 - We use this personal information to carry out our obligations arising from the Subscription Agreement or any other agreement entered into by or on behalf of Data Subjects, and where it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Category 5 – We use this personal information to carry out our obligations arising from the Subscription Agreement or any other agreement entered into by Data Subjects, where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. For example, in order for us to operate our website it is necessary for us to collect certain data about you to improve your user experience and manage the website. In addition, we use this personal information to send informational messages to clients and investors to the extent allowed by applicable law and which are in our legitimate interests.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not disclose any personal information about Data Subjects to any third parties, except:
- as reasonably necessary or appropriate in connection with the management of the funds;
- to processors who are only permitted to use it to perform services for us;
- as required by law or any applicable regulatory authority; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, its clients or others.
In these cases, we may share personal information with legal advisers, accountants, fund administrators, companies engaged to dispose of or store data including personal information, and adverse parties who have a legal right to receive such information and their counsel, experts and legal advisers.
We will take reasonably necessary steps to ensure that where personal information is shared, it is treated securely and in accordance with this notice and applicable laws.
Personal Information Retention
We will endeavour not to keep personal information in a form that allows a Data Subject to be identified for any longer than is reasonably necessary for achieving the permitted purposes. At the end of the applicable retention period, we may destroy, erase from our systems, or anonymise personal information as part of such efforts. Once our relationship with the Data Subject has come to an end, we will generally retain personal data for seven (7) years, however this will be subject to other record retention requirements, including in some cases the need to maintain business records for analysis or audit purposes, to comply with record retention requirements under applicable laws, the requirements of the FCA and SEC (and other regulators as required), as well as the requirements of tax and accounting rules, to defend or bring existing legal claims, and to deal with any complaints about our services. We will delete the personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes, or if deletion is technically not possible, we will put in place measures to prevent that personal information from being used in any way.
Storage & Transfer of Personal Information
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to protect Data Subjects’ personal information, prevent unlawful or unauthorised processing of personal information, and prevent unauthorized disclosure of, or accidental loss of, or damage to, such information.
We restrict access to non-public personal information about Data Subjects to those of our employees and agents who need to know the information to enable us to provide services.
We may process personal information in, and transfer personal information to, countries that may not guarantee the same level of protection for personal information as the country in which Data Subjects reside.
We will only transfer personal information to third party service providers if they agree to comply with the physical, electronic and procedural safeguards described above, or if they put in place adequate measures themselves.
Rights in relation to Personal Information
Data Subjects have certain rights in relation to their personal information, including the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal information, as outlined in this Policy.
These include, where certain conditions are met:
- the right to request access to the personal information we hold about them;
- the right to have inaccurate information about them amended or updated;
- the right to object to processing of personal information about them;
- the right to withdraw consent at any time (where relevant);
- the right to have personal information about them erased or to restrict processing in certain limited situations;
- the right to data portability and to request the transmission of personal information about them to another organization;
- the right to object to automated decision making that materially impacts them, direct marketing, and processing for research or statistical purposes; and
- the right to lodge complaints with applicable data supervisory authorities.
Data Subjects should use the contact information below to get more information and/or to make a formal request.
We will endeavour to keep the personal information we store about Data Subjects reasonably accurate and up-to-date by enabling clients and investors to correct it by request. Data Subjects should notify us if any of their personal information changes or if they become aware of any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold about them.